I used to love Nutri-Grain bars, pre-celiac. I miss having something easy to grab for breakfast in the morning, that I actually like. I have tried all the GF cereal bars and while they are okay, they are not the same. I found this recipe and WOW! They taste just like I remember Nutri-Grain bars tasting! For the preserves, I used the last of my homemade raspberry preserves, but I think these would be great with any flavor jam or preserves…maybe even apple or pumpkin butter! Kellogg’s doesn’t offer this many options!
Homemade Nutri-Grain Bars
1 box Betty Crocker Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix
3/4 cup butter (I used Smart Balance)
2 1/2 cups Oats (I used Gluten-Free Oats)
12 ounces Preserves or Jam
1 Tbs. Water
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Melt butter or butter substitute.
- Combine cake mix (just the powdered mix), and the oats in a large bowl; stir in the melted butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Measure half of this mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Press into pan to cover the bottom.
- Combine preserves and water; spoon over crumb mixture in pan and spread evenly.
- Cover with remaining crumb mixture.
- Pat firmly to make top even.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until top is lightly browned.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Incoming search terms:
- homemade nutrigrain bars (60)
- nutrigrain bar recipe (59)
- nutri grain bar recipe (32)
- gluten free nutri grain bars (24)
- gluten free nutrigrain bars (10)
- homemade nutri grain bars (9)
- yhs-coles_001 (8)
- how to make nutri grain bars (6)
- gluten free nutri grain bar recipe (5)
- homemade nutrigrain bar (4)