Okay, I have A LOT of pent up anxious energy over my 3-D Clone Trooper helmet cake next week!! I know that in the end, it will turn out fine, whether the end product is the actual cake or some really cool cupcakes. However, I REALLY want to make this cake and have it actually look like a Clone Trooper Helmet!
In the meantime, instead of pacing back and forth, I put my nervous energy to work and made Light Sabers out of pool noodles to give as party favors. Although I am quite sure they will end up as the entertainment of the evening and I think I better pack some Charmin so I can pad myself for protection from 30 swinging light sabers!
These are really easy to make. Just a bunch of skinny pool noodles, colored Duck Tape (the colors I used are Midnight Madness and Silver Coin), I bought both at Michael’s Craft Store. For an added touch, I used Scribbles 3-D Paint in Christmas Red to make a red “button” on the light saber handles.
Sam of course thought they were cool, but then he had the idea of making Darth Maul‘s double light saber!
If he could only be 5 3/4 years old forever.
Incoming search terms:
- star wars pool party (21)
- star wars pool noodle lightsabers (15)
- light saber noodle (14)
- how to make pool noodle lightsaber (12)
- cheap lightsabers for birthday party (11)
- skinny pool noodle (8)
- homemade lightsaber pool noodle (7)
- light saber pool noodle (6)
- how to make a lightsaber out of pool noodles (5)
- how to make light sabers with pool noodles (4)