For Tuesday night’s dinner I used my new Condensed Cream of Chicken and Condensed Cream of Mushroom soups to make…
Velveeta Chicken Spaghetti (a recipe that I got on bigoven.com, #159538, my notes are in red)
1/2 cup diced Bell Pepper
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1 medium Onion, diced
2 cans Chicken Broth, more or less to taste (1 “can” is approximately 15 ounces, or 2 cups if you use chicken broth or stock in the aseptic cartons)
1 “can” Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 “can” Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
3 cups of diced cooked Chicken (I roasted chicken breasts in the oven, then shredded them)
1 can Rotel Tomatoes (being from NM, I used Hatch brand)
1 pkg. Spaghetti, cooked as directed, drained and rinsed (I used Tinkyada)
1/2 pound of Velveeta cheese sliced; more or less to taste (I used the 2% Velveeta to lighten it up)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 can Mushrooms (use the juice to make your Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup)
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, saute bell pepper and onion in olive oil until tender.
- Add precooked shredded chicken and 1 can of chicken broth.
- Add Condensed soups, mushrooms and Rotel tomatoes. Stir well.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cooked and drained spaghetti noodles, salt and pepper (to taste), and Velveeta cheese to the soup and chicken mixture.
- Depending on how creamy you like this dish, you may want to add more chicken broth before you bake (I added the whole extra can).
- Stir very well to mix all the ingredients evenly.
- Pour mixture into a large casserole dish.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes (I cooked mine for about 50 to thicken it up a bit).
This casserole was scrumptious. Very creamy with just the right amount of zip from the tomatoes with chiles (Rotel or in my case, Hatch brand). Sam and Luke LOVED it and as my mom-in-law said, “I let Jim taste the casserole–then told him he couldn’t have any more because I was taking it to school for my lunch tomorrow–it’s TERRIFIC!”
Incoming search terms:
- gluten free chicken spaghetti (153)
- is velveeta gluten free (144)
- gluten free chicken spaghetti recipe (96)
- velveeta gluten free (91)
- gluten free velveeta (15)
- velveeta chicken spaghetti (12)
- gluten free chicken spagetti (6)
- chicken spaghetti gluten free (5)
- gluten free chicken spaghetti recipes (4)
- gluten-free chicken spaghetti recipe (4)