I just received a phone call from Sam’s new kindergarten teacher. A very nice lady who has never heard of Celiac Disease. As I explained CD to her and sited Play Doh as an example of cross-contamination, her only comment was, “I don’t know what I would do if I can’t have Play Doh in my classroom!”
It was like hearing screeching tires in my head, but I bit my lip since I did not want to start the year off on the wrong foot.
So, I offered to make gluten-free play dough for the entire class. I found the following recipe on the Celiac Sprue Association website and made just one small tweak by adding unsweetened Koolaid for color and scent.
GF Play Dough
1/2 c. Rice Flour
1/2 c. Cornstarch
1/2 c. Salt
2 tsp. Cream of Tartar
1 c. Water
1 tsp. Canola Oil
This play dough has an interesting aroma while it is still warm so I decided to add Koolaid (based on other recipes I have viewed on the web) to make scented play dough.
Unsweetened Koolaid Packets with flavors to match your play dough colors (ie: orange flavored Koolaid for orange colored play dough).
- Mix ingredients.
- Cook and stir on low heat for 3 minutes or until it forms a ball.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Incoming search terms:
- gluten free playdough recipe kool aid (37)
- gluten free playdough no cook (26)
- gluten free playdough recipe (23)
- gf playdough recipe (17)
- best gluten free playdough recipe (17)
- gluten free play dough recipe (15)
- no cook gluten free playdough (15)
- gluten free play doh recipe (11)
- no cook gluten free playdough recipe (10)
- gluten free playdough recipe no cook (6)