We eat a lot of chicken in our house and I’m always looking for new flavorful ways to prepare it because lets face it, plain chicken won’t send your brood running to the table for dinner! The inspiration for this recipe comes from the dynamic duo behind Paleo Parents and the brilliant kid-friendly cookbook, Eat Like a Dinosaur. Stacy and Matt’s recipe for Hissin’ Chicken is delicious in its own right, but after making it roughly 20 times, I got a wild hair and started adding an assortment of different seasonings. The result was surprisingly well received by my guys considering the fact I haven’t been able to taste for the past two years (makes recipe development a bit tricky). Crispy and juicy oven-roasted chicken legs (but any chicken part will do) that will satisfy even the most die-hard fried chicken fan.
Crispy Chicken Cooking Tip: Do not place the seasoned chicken pieces directly on the baking sheet. Instead, place a wire cooling rack on top of the cookie sheet and place the chicken pieces on the rack, this will allow air to circulate around the chicken, resulting in perfectly crispy chicken without the soggy bottoms.
For a simple, yet delicious evening meal, serve this chicken alongside oven roasted green bean “fries” and a salad.
Incoming search terms:
- gluten free crispy chicken (44)
- gluten free chicken legs (29)
- seasoned chicken (29)
- gluten free crispy baked chicken (29)
- gluten free chicken seasoning (27)
- paleo crispy chicken drumsticks (24)
- gluten free seasoning for chicken (23)
- gluten free baked chicken legs (17)
- gluten free chicken drumstick recipes (15)
- gluten free chicken drumsticks (14)