This is so cool. Personally, I was most amazed with the “Super Versatile Bread Dough” from a recipe I made with my new BFF, Better Batter Gluten Free Flour! This is the first time in years that I have felt “real” dough in my hands. I could not stop playing with it!
1 1/2 cup Milk (I used Skim Milk, but I am sure a dairy-free substitute would work just as well)
1/3 cup Sugar
2 tsp. Salt
4 Tbs. Butter (I used Earth Balance, which is dairy free and made my the same company as Smart Balance, which is not dairy-free)
1 package Active Dry Yeast (I used 2 1/2 tsp. bulk packaged Yeast, which is VERY INEXPENSIVE at Sam’s Club and Costco)
3-4 cups Better Batter Gluten Free Flour
- Heat the milk, sugar, salt, and butter in a sauce pan until warmed (not too hot).
- In a large bowl mix together, yeast and egg. Slowly add the warm liquid and whisk together.
- Add enough Better Batter Gluten Free Flour to be like play dough and beat together well for 3 minutes.
- Divide dough into two parts. Roll out each part of dough using flour for a heavy floured surface.
For the “Pigs in a Blanket” Portion:
- Roll the dough out into a large circle, about 1/8″ thick.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut it like you would a pizza or pie. The size of the triangles will depend on the size of the frank you are going to roll up.
- Take your cocktail frank (do your homework to make sure it is gluten-free) or take your favorite hot dog/hot dog substitute/breakfast sausage link and cut into smaller pieces, and starting at the outside (widest end), lay the frank on top of the dough and roll it up!
- Once you are finished, you can either bake right away or freeze to use later! Your very own GF homemade quick freezer food!
- I have baked these right away and have baked them from the frozen state and both ways work great.
- Before baking, I brushed mine with an egg wash: 1 egg mixed with 1 Tbs. water.
- I baked mine at 350° F. for 15 minutes. This will vary depending on your oven and the type of frank you use. I would recommend to set the timer for 10 minutes, then keep checking every few minutes thereafter.
Incoming search terms:
- gluten free pigs in a blanket (829)
- gluten free pigs in a blanket recipe (140)
- gluten free pigs in a blanket bisquick (139)
- gluten free pigs in blanket (66)
- gluten free pigs in blanket recipe (44)
- gluten free pigs in blankets (39)
- pigs in a blanket (37)
- pigs in a blanket gluten free (31)
- gluten free bisquick pigs in a blanket (21)
- gluten free pig in a blanket (20)