This is the BEST gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe that I have ever come across. I kid you not, they are identical in taste to the classic gluten containing Toll House cookie! I found the recipe on Recipezaar about 6 months ago and they have held up perfectly each time I have made them. I double the recipe because the original recipe has some odd measurements like 3/8 cup. I do not own a measuring cup that indicates 3/8 cup, so if you double it, it is a simple 3/4 cup! You will want to double the recipe anyway, unless you are making these for 1 person! The measurements below are for a double batch of the recipe. Click on the above link to go to the recipe for the original measurements).
Gluten-Free “Toll House” Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup Tapioca Starch (I used Expandex Tapioca Starch, but the regular works great too)
3/4 cup Sorghum Flour (I used Superfine Sorghum Flour)
2 tsp. Xanthan Gum
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Butter, softened (I used dairy-free Earth Balance)
3/4 cup Sugar
3/4 cup packed Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Pecans (I omitted the Pecans and added more chocolate chips and plain M&M’s)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. (I used my convection oven at 350°F)
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine butter, sugars and vanilla. Mix on low until combined (about 2 minutes). Add egg and combine.
- In another bowl, measure out your flours, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt. (I used a whisk to blend all of the ingredients together, then I sifted the flour combination to make sure everything was incorporated). With mixer on low, slowly integrate the dry goods into the wet.
- When all the dry goods are integrated, add the chips and nuts and mix just long enough to combine.
- Spoon out by the tablespoon onto a baking sheet (I line mine with parchment paper) and bake for 12 minutes. (Start checking at 8 minutes, my cookies cooked A LOT faster than the 12 minutes indicated, probably because of the convection oven, but just to be safe, check anyway). Let rest for about 10 minutes on the sheet for the centers are set. (I did not find this to be necessary in my case).
Nice and crispy on the outside and full of gooey chocolaty goodness on the inside! I added the red and green M&M’s for some holiday flair.
I think I will make a big batch of these and go conduct a “blind taste test” in front of my local Toll House store, LOL!
I forgot to make my goldfish, maybe the spell has been broken!
Incoming search terms:
- gluten free toll house chocolate chip cookies (871)
- are toll house chocolate chips gluten free (98)
- gluten free toll house cookie recipe (89)
- toll house chocolate chips gluten free (74)
- toll house gluten free chocolate chip cookies (68)
- are tollhouse chocolate chips gluten free (46)
- chocolate chip cookies (21)
- toll house gluten free cookies (17)