I LOVE Autumn! It conjures up many memories of growing up in the Midwest with the crisp cool days, breathtaking fall foliage, Ohio State Football and all the wonderful baking that my mom did. Whether it be apple pies from the apples we picked at Lynd’s Apple Farm or the following cookie recipe for Ginger Creams. This was the first time I tried to convert my mom’s recipe into a gluten free version. They turned out beyond remarkable! I cannot seem to keep these cookies in stock…I am on my third batch in a week. I am going to send these to Sam’s school tomorrow so I can get feedback from my toughest (but so cute) critics, 5 and 6 year olds! I love it when a child taste tests for me, as they have not yet been conditioned to say something nice if it is not true!
1/2 cup Sugar
1/3 cup Shortening
1/2 cup Unsulfured Molasses
1/2 cup Water
2 cups GF All- Purpose Flour… I used Tom Sawyer’s GF All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Ginger
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 tsp. Cloves
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- Mix sugar, shortening, egg, molasses and water in a mixer (or use a handheld).
- Blend in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet (DO NOT grease the cookie sheet or cookies will spread and flatten).
- Bake about 8 minutes, until no indentation remains when lightly touched.
After cookies have cooled completely, frost:
Vanilla Butter Frosting
1/4 cup Butter, softened
2 cups Powdered Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla (I use clear vanilla in my icings)
2 Tbs. Milk
Food Coloring (optional)
- Mix butter and powdered sugar
- Beat in vanilla and milk until smooth
- Color, if desired
Incoming search terms:
- butterscotch ginger creans (2)
- gluten-free ginger cream cookies (2)
- gluten-free dairy-free gingerbread cookies with cream (2)
- gluten free recipe ginger creans cookies (2)
- recipe for gluten free ginger creams (2)
- gluten free ginger cream cookies (2)
- gluten free ginger cream biscuit recipe (1)
- ginger cookies (1)
- Cream Cookies Recipe (1)
- gluten free ginger creams (1)