Ohhhhh….this was the essence of summer in a cake pan! A strawberry jello “poke” cake, GF of course! The taste reminded me of Strawberry Shortcake.
I wasn’t sure how this would turn out with a GF boxed cake mix, but I was tickled pink on the results, especially as I watched the cake disappear in a largely gluten eating crowd!
Here is the recipe:
1 (3 oz.) pkg. Jello (I used Strawberry)
1 c. boiling water
1/2 c. cold water
Cool Whip (I used Hy ‘n Dry Ready-to-Whip Non-Dairy Topping by Cremes that I bought my local Specialty Cake Shop)
The jello really did something for this cake. While the Betty Crocker GF Yellow Cake Mix is very good on it’s own, the jello made an extremely moist crumb. I am wondering how this cake or even other GF baked goods would fare with unflavored gelatin infused in them??
Incoming search terms:
- gluten free poke cake (95)
- gluten free jello cake (92)
- gluten free jello poke cake (38)
- gluten free jello cake recipe (34)
- gluten free jello recipes (12)
- gluten free strawberry jello cake (6)
- gluten free strawberry poke cake (6)
- gluten free poke cake recipes (6)
- Gluten free lemon jello cake (5)
- vegan jello cake (4)