I learned a very valuable parenting lesson a couple years ago when I conducted a little McCarrot Fry experiment on my kids. The big takeaway was this: brand names and packaging are very powerful weapons in a parents’ war on picky kids. In my particular case, my 4 year old, Luke, is the picky eater in our family. But it really has nothing to do with the food itself, and everything to do with names and presentation!
Take green beans for example. Simple “green beans” are gross but “green bean fries,” well, those are AWESOME!
Oh yes, that discovery was a smug mommy moment, indeed.
Now we have carrot fries, parsnip fries, scallion fries, zucchini fries, butternut squash fries. You name it. If it’s a “fry,” he will eat it!
Well, almost. The “fry rule” does not apply to Brussels sprouts. 😉
Have you entered the Grain Free Pasta and Grass Fed Beef Giveaway yet? If not, be sure to do so, the giveaway ends on May 25, 2012!
Incoming search terms:
- gluten free fried green beans (27)
- gluten free green bean fries (22)
- gluten free green bean recipe (14)
- green bean fries (14)
- vegan green bean fries (12)
- GreenBeanFries|AdventuresofaGlutenFreeMom (6)
- green fries (4)
- gluten free fried green beans recipe (4)
- maker of green bean fries (3)
- green bean (3)