Are you ready for Halloween? My boys sure are biting at the bit (okay, their mom is too). Before your little beggar dives into his or her loot bag tomorrow, make sure you’re armed with the 2011 Gluten and Allergen Free Halloween Candy Lists!
Looking for Halloween recipe ideas? Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this page for some delightfully ghoulish recipe links!
On an exciting personal note; I was recently interviewed for an article on the subject of Kids, Food Allergies and School that appeared in the October 26th edition of the Albuquerque Journal (click here if you’d like to read the full article).
Menu Plan – Week of October 31
Tuesday: Mustard Pork Chops (for the hard cider, Woodchuck is gluten-free, or you could just use regular apple cider. I will use canned coconut milk for the heavy cream to make this dairy-free), Baked Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon (I will use coconut oil instead of butter and maple syrup instead of brown sugar), Salad with Maple-Cider Vinaigrette.
Wednesday: Twice Baked Acorn Squash with Beef and Vegetable Filling, Homemade Applesauce
Saturday: Pepperoni Chicken and Vegetable Salad with Italian Dressing (recipes to come)
Snacks for the week:
Pizza, Buffalo Wing and Sour Cream & Onion Hummus with Raw Veggies from Nobel Pig (all 3 recipes are dairy-free)
Maple Pumpkin Pudding from Daily Bites
Gluten and Grain-Free Meatloaf Recipes
Meatloaf in Minutes from The W.H.O.L.E. Gang
Easy Meatloaf Muffins from Cook IT Allergy Free
Tasty Meatloaf in Mere Minutes from Gluten Free Easily
Paleo Meatloaf from Everyday Paleo
Seriously Tasty Paleo Meatloaf from Health-Bent
Kid-Friendly Halloween Recipe Ideas (either naturally gluten-free or easily tweaked to be so)
- A Super Cool (and Gross) Way to serve Guacamole (find more ideas like this on my Halloween Fun Board over at Pinterest)
- Hot Dog and Spaghetti Spiders **to make these gluten and casein/dairy-free, use Applegate Farms Hotdogs and gluten-free spaghetti, (Tinkyada Brown Rice Spaghetti with Rice Bran is my family’s favorite).**
- Bloody Band-Aid Cookies **to make these gluten free, you can either use Kinnikinnick Smoreable Graham Style Crackers or make your own Gluten-Free Graham Crackers.**
- Eyeball Truffles **to make these gluten-free, substitute the Oreos for KinniToos Chocolate Sandwich Creme Cookies (we think these are the best of the gluten-free Oreo-style cookies). Make’n Mold Candy Wafers are gluten-free and can be found at your local craft store.**
- Velvety Pumpkin Spice Latte (this will be great to serve little ones after a long night in the cold!)
Incoming search terms:
- gluten free halloween recipes (153)
- picture of a ghost (59)
- ghost pics for kids (24)
- pictures of a ghost (23)
- gluten free halloween treats (13)
- gluten free halloween recipes for kids (9)
- grain free mom (8)
- a picture of a ghost (7)
- gluten free halloween recipes kids (5)
- happy halloween images free (5)