Isn’t that a pretty hamburger bun?
And yes, it’s as soft and moist as you might be imaging it to be.
While I couldn’t eat any of the buns from the complimentary package I recently received from Canyon Bakehouse for this review, I know how moist and fluffy they are because I was able to enjoy them for a short period of time before I discovered my corn allergy last fall.
My mother-in-law made me promise to share her opinion with you too (this blogging business really is a family affair for us, LOL!):
“The Canyon Bakehouse Buns are the closest thing to real bread I’ve had since going gluten-free.”
Well there you have it folks, this is a “real” hamburger bun and quite frankly, I think they are better than Udi’s new gluten free hamburger buns (I know, *gasp*). After much anticipation for Udi’s gluten free hot dog and hamburger buns (seriously, I had been anxiously waiting for those for over a year!), I sneaked a taste when I was at the Gluten and Allergen Free Expo in May (this is how I discovered my allergic reaction to corn is severe sinus congestion). While I think the Udi’s GF hamburger buns are good, they are a bit on the dry side (and not very soft) right out of the package, but a little nuke in the microwave helped to correct that issue (assuming you have access to a microwave and aren’t camping in the middle of the woods somewhere).
The Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free Hamburger Buns however, are perfect right out of the bag (although I liked toasting them on the grill for a wee bit, but I used to do that with my glutonium-filled buns too).
For another opinion, check out this post over at Foodista: Udi’s vs. Canyon Bakehouse: Hamburger Bun Showdown.
If I’m not mistaken, I was one of the first bloggers to review Canyon Bakehouse back in early 2010 (you can read my review here), and I just heard through the grapevine that they will be releasing a gluten free caraway bread (a.k.a. “mock rye”) sometime in 2011…game on for all you Gluten Free Reuben lovers out there!
**This Giveaway is Now Closed**
Christi from Canyon Bakehouse has kindly offered to give THREE of my readers a free sampler package of all their gluten free products!
Each winner will receive the following:
(1) pkg. of Hamburger Buns
(1) pkg. of San Juan 7-Grain Bread
(1) pkg. Mountain White Bread
(1) pkg. Cinnamon Raisin Bread
(1) pkg. Rosemary & Thyme Focaccia
(1) pkg. Cranberry Crunch Muffins
That’s a whole lotta of gluten free bread! All of the Canyon Bakehouse products are gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free and soy-free (they do contain corn and eggs, darn it). If you click here, you will find links to the nutrition and ingredient information for each individual product.
To enter this giveaway, simply leave a comment telling me:
What are your favorite burger (beef, elk, ostrich, chicken, portobello mushroom, veggie, etc., etc.) toppings?
Bonus Entry Opportunities (strictly optional, just be sure to leave a separate comment for each task you complete so I can make sure you receive the proper credit)
- ‘Like’ Canyon Bakehouse on Facebook
- ‘Follow’ Canyon Bakehouse on Twitter
- Share the link to this giveaway on Twitter (please include @adventuresgfmom in your tweet so I know you did this)
- Share the link to this giveaway on Facebook (please tag @ Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom in your status update so I know you did this)
I will announce the 3 winners on Friday, July 22, 2011…Good Luck!
Incoming search terms:
- gluten free hamburger buns (131)
- gluten free hamburger buns recipe (79)
- gluten free hamburger bun recipe (55)
- canyon bakehouse reviews (42)
- gluten free buns (8)
- Hamburger buns (4)
- canyon bakehouse hamburger buns (4)
- canyon ranch gluten free bread (4)
- goodbye gluten moist hamburger buns (3)
- wheat free egg free hamburger buns recipe (3)