Due to my website being down for over 6 hours today, I’m going to have to challenge myself to write a quick post!
Do you have any idea how difficult that is for me?
Today, I’m doing a guest post over at The Gluten-Free Homemaker for Squash Fest, so be sure to check it out, including all the other wonderful Squash Fest guest posts by my fellow bloggers:
Carrie from Ginger Lemon Girl (How to Roast a Butternut Squash)
Aubree Cherie from Living Free (Butternut Squash Dessert)
Shirley from GFE (Cushaw Pecan Pie)
Wendy from Celiacs in the House (Curried Roasted Butternut Squash Soup)
Amy from Simply Sugar and Gluten Free (Apple & Walnut Stuffed Acorn Squash)
Alta from Tasty Eats At Home (Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash)
I also want to point you in the direction of Linda’s Monthly Challenge for November: Make a Gluten-Free Pie. Linda shares links to several gluten-free pie crust recipes that are sure to come in handy for Thanksgiving!
Did you see the recent Nightline episode about the gluten-free diet? In case you missed it, you can see it here. If you did see it, then I’m sure you know why I am bringing it up. Dr. Peter Green made mention that unless one has celiac disease then a gluten-free diet can be “dangerous,” because it lacks fiber and B vitamins (since many gluten-free factory processed/convenience foods aren’t fortified). Whether Dr. Green was edited or not, I have no idea. I do realize that he may have been speaking in regards to the issue of gluten-free being popular in Hollywood, but regardless, that does not change what viewers heard and took away from that statement…that the gluten-free diet is unhealthy and dangerous if you do not have celiac disease.
My friend Erin over at Gluten-Free Fitness also wrote a great article about this unfortunate news clip and you can read her article here.
Incoming search terms:
- elizabethhasslebackglutenfreeblog (2)
- best gluten free thanksgiving recipes elizabeth hasselback (1)
- gluten free gestational diabetes false positive (1)
- gluten doktor peter green (1)
- gluten adhd peter green (1)
- false positive for gestational diabetes due to gluten allergy (1)
- elizabeth hasselbecks glutfree blog (1)
- elizabeht hasselbeck gluten free simple cookie recipes (1)
- elisabeth hasselbeck gluten free blog (1)
- elisabeth hasselbeck buckeye recipe (1)