I love goat cheese. Its creamy texture and tangy mouth-feel is the perfect complement for a variety of appetizers, grilled meats, salads and desserts. Goat cheese pairs perfectly with beets, raspberries and strawberries. In fact, this has been one of my favorite ways to enjoy Chavrie® goat cheese this summer (I am in my infancy of enjoying beets, and raw beets with balsamic vinegar and goat cheese are my limitation at the moment).
And yes, Chavrie Fresh Goat Cheese is gluten-free!
I did a twist of the shredded beet salad with raspberry vinaigrette and turned it into a gluten-free sandwich wrap with Boar’s Head Low Sodium Turkey meat:
I recently tried a recipe I found on the Chavrie website for Goat Cheese Hummus (I made my own Hummus and subbed the cilantro for fresh rosemary, YUM!) and served with grilled gluten-free pita bread (I love this pita bread, you can read my review of it here):
So why am I telling you all of this? Well, August just so happens to be National Goat Cheese Month and to celebrate, I have an exciting giveaway for one lucky reader!
The folks over at Chavrie® Goat Cheese are sponsoring this fabulous giveaway and here is what the prize includes:
Summer of Gourmet Entertaining with Chavrie (Estimated Value $100):
- Vintage Wood Chip & Dip from Pottery Barn (valued at $50)
- Chavrie Fresh Goat Cheese coupons
- Chavrie’s “For the Love of Goat Cheese “ Cookbook
- Chavrie recipes
Chavrie kindly sent me a free entertaining package too (which is how I know it’s FABULOUS)! :-D The Pottery Barn Vintage Wood Chip and Dip is a beautiful serving piece to use at all of your dinner parties. I have received numerous compliments on it at several of my recent gatherings.
**This giveaway is now closed**
To enter this giveaway:
Simply visit the recipe section of the Chavrie website and report back about which recipe looks most intriguing to you!
Bonus entry Opportunities (completely optional but if you do any, please be sure to leave a separate comment for each completed task, this is how I keep track of entries):
- “Like” Chavrie Fresh Goat Cheese on Facebook.
- “Follow” @Chavrie on Twitter.
- “Like” Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom on Facebook.
- “Follow” @Adventuresgfmom on Twitter.
- “Tweet” about this giveaway on Twitter and include a link back to this post (be sure to include @adventuresgfmom and @Chavrie in your Tweet).
- “Share” the link to this giveaway on your Facebook page.
- Mention this giveaway in a blog post and include a link back to this post.
I will use the Random Number Generator to pick the winner on Friday, August 20th, 2010, Good Luck!
Incoming search terms:
- gluten free pita (30)
- goat cheese wrap (4)
- what is chavrie cheese (3)
- goatcheese wrap (2)
- Beet goat cheese and grape salad (2)
- chavrie goat cheese recipe (1)
- chavrie recipes (1)
- chavrie goat cheese easy appetizer recipes (1)
- chavrie cranberry goat cheese log (1)
- chavrie and beets (1)