For this chocolate pudding, I pretty much merged two recipes I found online: a recipe for Homemade Vanilla Pudding that I found on allrecipes.com and Tyler Florence’s recipe for Chocolate Pudding which I found on FoodNetwork.com. I then made my dairy-free substitutions and finished with MimicCreme Healthy Top Whipped Cream!
2 cups Milk (I used MimicCreme, the Sweetened version).
1/2 cup White Sugar (I used 1/3 cup of Stevia Extract In The Raw, which is a cup-for-cup sugar replacement, but I have found that using a little less suits my taste better).
1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
3 Tbs. Cornstarch (I used Arrowroot).
1/4 tsp. Salt (I used Celtic Sea Salt by Eden Foods. This is an unrefined sea salt which still contains many natural trace minerals. However, it does not contain any Iodine).
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Tbs. Butter (I used Dairy-Free Earth Balance)
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 1/2 cups of the MimicCreme until bubbles form at edges.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch (or arrowroot), salt and remaining 1/2 cup of MimicCreme. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour into hot MimicCreme mixture, a little at a time, stirring to dissolve.
- Continue to cook and stir until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and dairy-free butter substitute.
- Pour into serving dishes. (To prevent a skin from forming on the pudding, I pour the warm pudding into one medium-sized glass bowl then cover with plastic wrap, having the plastic wrap touch the surface of the pudding).
- Chill before serving.
More gluten-free, dairy-free, corn-free, soy-free and egg-free chocolate recipes from my blogging buddies:
Maggie, from She Let Them Eat Cake has a recipe for Triple Chocolate Pudding Sandwiches that look absolutely sinful!
Nancy, from The Sensitive Pantry has a recipe for Very Chocolate Gelato that I would die for right now in this desert heat!
I’ve been running around like a (well, you know), getting ready for the first day of school (YEA!!!), in a couple of weeks and that means the hectic morning routine getting my charming, quiet, peaceful boys off to school on time. ;-) Not wanting to miss the most important meal of the day, grab-and-go breakfast bars are my BFF! Jenn, from The Cinnamon Quill recently posted a recipe for Granola Bars and I’m with her, they are a necessity!
I would love to have you “Like” me on my Facebook Page (is it just me, or is it weird asking people to “like” you)? ;-) I really enjoy getting to know everyone better and I love sharing ideas that make our dietary-restricted lives easier, healthier and a lot more FUN!
Incoming search terms:
- dairy free egg free vanilla pudding (20)
- egg free pudding (20)
- corn free vanilla extract (19)
- gluten free dairy free egg free pudding (19)
- gluten free dairy free corn free recipes (14)
- dairy free vanilla pudding recipe (13)
- corn free pudding (10)
- gluten free egg free pudding (10)
- corn free chocolate pudding (9)
- chocolate pudding recipe (8)