For this chocolate pudding, I pretty much merged two recipes I found online: a recipe for Homemade Vanilla Pudding that I found on allrecipes.com and Tyler Florence’s recipe for Chocolate Pudding which I found on FoodNetwork.com. I then made my dairy-free substitutions and finished with MimicCreme Healthy Top Whipped Cream!
2 cups Milk (I used MimicCreme, the Sweetened version).
1/2 cup White Sugar (I used 1/3 cup of Stevia Extract In The Raw, which is a cup-for-cup sugar replacement, but I have found that using a little less suits my taste better).
1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
3 Tbs. Cornstarch (I used Arrowroot).
1/4 tsp. Salt (I used Celtic Sea Salt by Eden Foods. This is an unrefined sea salt which still contains many natural trace minerals. However, it does not contain any Iodine).
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Tbs. Butter (I used Dairy-Free Earth Balance)
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 1/2 cups of the MimicCreme until bubbles form at edges.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch (or arrowroot), salt and remaining 1/2 cup of MimicCreme. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour into hot MimicCreme mixture, a little at a time, stirring to dissolve.
- Continue to cook and stir until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and dairy-free butter substitute.
- Pour into serving dishes. (To prevent a skin from forming on the pudding, I pour the warm pudding into one medium-sized glass bowl then cover with plastic wrap, having the plastic wrap touch the surface of the pudding).
- Chill before serving.
More gluten-free, dairy-free, corn-free, soy-free and egg-free chocolate recipes from my blogging buddies:
Maggie, from She Let Them Eat Cake has a recipe for Triple Chocolate Pudding Sandwiches that look absolutely sinful!
Nancy, from The Sensitive Pantry has a recipe for Very Chocolate Gelato that I would die for right now in this desert heat!
I’ve been running around like a (well, you know), getting ready for the first day of school (YEA!!!), in a couple of weeks and that means the hectic morning routine getting my charming, quiet, peaceful boys off to school on time. Not wanting to miss the most important meal of the day, grab-and-go breakfast bars are my BFF! Jenn, from The Cinnamon Quill recently posted a recipe for Granola Bars and I’m with her, they are a necessity!
I would love to have you “Like” me on my Facebook Page (is it just me, or is it weird asking people to “like” you)? I really enjoy getting to know everyone better and I love sharing ideas that make our dietary-restricted lives easier, healthier and a lot more FUN!
Incoming search terms:
- dairy free egg free vanilla pudding (20)
- egg free pudding (20)
- gluten free dairy free egg free pudding (19)
- corn free vanilla extract (19)
- dairy free vanilla pudding recipe (16)
- gluten free dairy free corn free recipes (14)
- corn free pudding (12)
- gluten free egg free pudding (10)
- chocolate pudding recipe (10)
- corn free chocolate pudding (10)