I was the recent recipient of a complimentary sample of SUSTA™ Natural Sweetener by NTX Nutritionals. I was really excited to try this product because it is unlike any sugar alternative that I have ever tried before; but I will get to that in a moment. First, I want to tell you how it tastes, because if it doesn’t taste good, the health benefits really won’t matter (Exhibit A: The Great Brussels Sprouts Caper, need I say more?).
All I can say that SUSTA been very well received by my family. I am still under the weather from a sinus infection that has zapped my tasting abilities but my husband and kids have really enjoyed the taste of this natural sweetener. My husband said it has a really pleasant taste and lacks the sharpness of some of the stevia products we normally use.
So far, our favorite way of using SUSTA has been on fresh fruit, like strawberries. I have also resurrected a simple summer dessert that my mom often made when I was growing up, Peaches ‘N Cream. Instead of using sugar to sweeten the peaches, I used SUSTA and I replaced the cream with dairy-free So Delicious Original Coconut Creamer. The verdict? We absolutely love it! Desserts do not have to be big productions, and more often than not, my kiddos are requesting fresh fruit (and now I get to add extra fiber and probiotics with SUSTA!). The NTX Nutritionals website has more recipes using SUSTA.
So, what exactly is SUSTA™ Natural Sweetener, you ask? The following is from the NTX Nutritionals website:
SUSTA Natural Sweetener is a proprietary blend of non-caloric ingredients that can put the “brakes” on higher glycemic foods or beverages from adversely effecting your blood sugar. Products using SUSTA™ Natural Sweetener are high fiber, with nutrients and minerals, no or low fats and have no added trans or hydrogenated fats. SUSTA™ is great energy and nutrition for your heart, bones, and immune system.
The following information (from the NTX website) is what I really like about this natural sweetener: SUSTA contains fiber and probiotics, which support digestive and immune health:
SUSTA Natural Sweetener is a “symbiotic” food. That means, it contains prebiotics (soluble fiber) along with probiotics (special beneficial bacteria that is released in your digestive tract). The combination is found to promote greater health benefits to one’s digestion, and helps support the immune system. Every SUSTA Natural Sweetener serving provides you at least a gram of valuable fiber and over a hundred million time release probiotics* to seed your digestive tract that are healthy, safe and effective for adults, young children, and people with special health needs.
Probiotic of choice used in SUSTA is “Bacillus Coagulus”.
Speaking of probiotics, here is the link to an interesting article written by Kathleen LaPoint on Celiac.com, entitled “Dietary Supplementation with Probiotics May Be Beneficial in Celiac Disease.”
Click on the following link to read more about the nutritional information for SUSTA™ Natural Sweetener (including the list of ingredients).
A few more FAQ’s on SUSTA (emphasis added):
- SUSTA is all-natural and does not contain wheat, soy, alcohol, yeast, caffeine, egg, dairy, or lactose. SUSTA is also cholesterol-free, vegan and gluten-free, all the while providing vitamins, nutrients, probiotics, fiber and great taste.
- All of the ingredients in SUSTA are well-known and have GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) Certification or comparable from the FDA. SUSTA does not require FDA approval.
- SUSTA is a safe sugar alternative for diabetics and is the only sweetener endorsed by Dr. James R. Gavin III, former President of the American Diabetes Association and a member of the Company’s Medical Advisory Board.
- SUSTA is all-natural and chemical-free, and is therefore safe for use during pregnancy
Now, if all of the above information seems “too good to be true,” it just keeps getting better! According to the NTX Nutritionals website; SUSTA is also: Good For Bones & Teeth, and it’s Heart Healthy!
SUSTA Natural Sweetener is like a sugar-shield in your foods. SUSTA Natural Sweetener works with your body naturally to help tame and transform problem-making, fast absorbing sugars and carbohyrates, into slower absorbing, healthier protected energy. SUSTA Natural Sweetener provides vital dietary fiber, antioxidants and key cellular nutrients that are needed for a smoother running, more calorie efficient metabolism. And importantly, SUSTA Natural Sweetener nutrition supports the health of your bones, heart, and immune system.
Check out the following video on SUSTA, featuring Blair Underwood!
Would you like to try SUSTA Natural Sweetener for FREE?? Well, here is your chance!
NTX Nutritionals has kindly offered to give 3 of my readers a free package of SUSTA (containing 50 packets)!
To enter the giveway:
1) Complete any (or all) of the following tasks, each completed task is worth one entry (so if you do all 6 tasks, you will be entered 6 times!)
2) After completing a task, leave a comment to this post for each task that you fulfilled (leaving a separate comment for each task not only makes it easier on me to calculate the number of entries, it also ensures you get proper credit for each task!).
- Visit the SUSTA website and sign up for Discounts and Updates (look under the picture of SUSTA for the box to enter your email address).
- “Like” SUSTA on Facebook
- Share the link to this Giveaway on your Facebook Page
- Follow NXTH on Twitter
- Tweet about this Giveaway and include a link back to this post.
- Mention this giveaway in a blog post and include a link back.
I will use a Random Number Generator on Monday, June 28, 2010 to pick the THREE (3) WINNERS, Good Luck!
Incoming search terms:
- sustabowl (36)
- susta sweetener review (34)
- susta review (16)
- susta natural sweetener review (7)
- susta (6)
- susta natural sweetener (3)
- is susta a (3)
- is susta sweetener safe (2)
- susta reviews (2)
- susta bowl (2)