This is rather exciting for me, because even I, as much as I love to cook, NEED a break every now and again!
First, a little info on Mixes from the Heartland:
- No eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, oats, barley, rye, or wheat in the factory.
- No bean flours are used in any products.
- Factory is allergen controlled.
- Every raw product that enters the factory must be certified by the producer that it can pass an Eliza Test.
- This means products in our plant test 5 parts per million or less for wheat.
- The University of Nebraska does our Eliza Testing. All reports are sent to the Celiac Sprue Association (CSA)
- Mixes From The Heartland Inc. is CSA certified and we are very proud to say that all our products carry the CSA seal.
- All natural, no preservatives, most products are low sodium, cholesterol-free, and low calorie.
- Beans and fruit are all freeze dried and contain no preservatives. Makes cooking soups and meals easier.
What makes Mixes From The Heartland, Inc. different?
- MFTH Inc. has many products not currently in institutional and bulk sizing.
- MFTH Inc. offers the largest amount of bulk mixes available in ten pound bags with zip seal.
- MFTH Inc. has announced the new Sugar Free/Gluten Free mixes is the leader in the area.
- MFTH Inc. produces over 45 soup mixes and 25 meals. Our competitor only has four instant soups.
- MFTH Inc. is the one stop shop for retailers across the USA.
- MFTH Inc. will dominate the market because we test less than 5 parts per million.
- MFTH Inc. testing makes the consumer’s life easier with great taste as well.
- MFTH Inc. has the ability to private label both in bulk and consumer lines.
A while back I received come complimentary gluten-free mixes from “Mixes from the Heartland,” to review on my blog. We tried the Southwest Chicken Stew, the Mexican Chicken and Rice Meal, the Apple Cinnamon Rice Pudding Mix and the Chocolate Delight Pudding Mix.
I actually only managed to photograph one meal, because I made them on the days I needed them most… when I was in a scramble to get dinner on the table!
Southwest Chicken Stew topped with shredded Cheddar Cheese, yummy!
They are all pretty straight forward; open the mix, add the ingredients called for on the package, cook and eat! We liked them all even though the chocolate pudding never set-up, but I used rice milk instead of cow’s milk so that was probably the culprit (that has happened with other brands of pudding mixes too). The taste was great though! The other thing I REALLY like about the mixes, is that they are all CSA Certified, click this link to read more about the: CSA (Celiac Sprue Association) Recognition Seal Program.
Would you like to try a sampling of Mixes from the Heartland gluten-free mixes?
For the chance to win a free 6-pack of gluten-free mixes from Mixes from the Heartland:
Leave a comment to this post about which one mix you would MOST like to receive from Mixes from the Heartland (the winner will receive the one mix of their choice PLUS 5 additional mixes).
You will also need to do one of the following:
- Sign up to follow @MFTH_GlutenFree on Twitter
- Sign up for the Mixes from the Heartland Newsletter on their website.
Using a Random Number Generator, I will pick the winner on Friday, March, 5, 2010.
Incoming search terms:
- meals from the heartland (3)
- heartland waffle mix retail (2)
- mixes from the heartland inc (2)
- mixes from the heartland review (2)
- csa seal gluten free (1)
- mixes from the heartland (1)
- mixes from the heartland products (1)