Naturally Gluten-Free! I also made a few other tweaks to accommodate dairy and egg allergies, which also happened to bump up the nutritional content!
I have no idea where this recipe came from, my aunt sent it to me several years ago and I just stumbled across it tucked away in a file. There is no name or publication on the recipe, so if this is your recipe, please let me know and I will give you full credit!
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
1 cup Peanut Butter (or substitute with another nut butter and I have also heard there is a pea butter called No Nuts Pea Butter.)
1 large Egg (I used Flax Seed Gel: heat 1 Tbs. Ground Flax Seed with 3 Tbs. Water over medium-low heat until you get an egg white consistency)
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 cup Chocolate Chips (I used 365 Brand Vegan Chocolate Chips from Whole Foods)
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, using a wooden spoon. Stir in chocolate morsels.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° F. for 12 minutes or until puffed and golden brown (cookies will be soft in the center).
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes, remove and finish cooling on a wire rack.
All the ingredients before adding chocolate chips
It was very cool to find dairy-free chocolate chips at Whole Foods!
These are DELICIOUS!
We absolutely could not tell I replaced the egg with flax seed gel! Added bonus: we cut back on some cholesterol and bumped up the fiber content!
Click here to see the nutritional facts for Flax (I’m a poet and I didn’t know it! )
Incoming search terms:
- dairy free chocolate chips (8)
- Doughnut (6)
- flourless flaxseed cookies (4)
- peanut butter chocolate chip cookies (3)
- flourless peanut butter cookies flax (3)
- flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies (3)
- gluten free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies (3)
- flourlessdesserts (2)
- flourless sugar free (2)
- flourless sugar free chocolate chip cookies (2)