A while back, I received a complimentary sampling of Surf Sweets Organic and Natural Gummy Candy and Jelly Beans to review on my blog. I have to admit, I received these back in December and I am embarrassed that I am just NOW reviewing them at the end of January! I am a big “out of sight, out of mind” girl and the candy has long been gobbled up, so I have not had a package laying around to trigger my memory!
When the candy arrived, I swiped a bag to try for myself and stashed the rest away to put in the boys stockings for Christmas. I was very curious about the gummy bears because I happen to consider myself a gummy bear “expert” of sorts. I actually had a problem a while back and I am happy to say that I am now in gummy bear recovery. 😀 I am very picky about my gummy bears, and I have only ever liked the “Gold Bears” by Haribo, which are also gluten-free. The reason I like Haribo is because of the “firm and chewy” texture and the slightly tart punch. I personally do not care for the “soft and gummy” (and super-sweet) types of gummy bears.
I was eagerly anticipating trying out the Surf Sweets Gummy Bears to see where they fell in the texture category. I was extremely pleased with the chewy texture that I found! 🙂 They taste great too!
Not only are Surf Sweets candies gluten-free, but they are also free of the following:
- Casein (and Gluten)
- Peanuts (and they are produced in a peanut-free factory)
- Artificial Colors, they are Stage 2 Feingold Approved. (Did you know: Artificial colors are primarily coal-tar derivatives made from chemical compounds which are made when coal is distilled?? I did not know that! It is amazing how once you find out what some of these ingredients are, you suddenly lose your appetite!)
- Wheat, Dairy, Soy, Eggs, Tree Nuts, Nuts, Fish, and Shellfish (and they are manufactured in a facility that is 100% free of those ingredients).
They even have some Vegetarian and Vegan products:
Four of their products are Vegetarian (Fruity Bears, Gummy Swirls, Jelly Beans and Sour Worms). The Gummy Bears and Gummy Worms contain gelatin so they are not vegetarian.
Three of their products are Vegan (Fruity Bears, Gummy Swirls, and Sour Worms).
Surf Sweets candy provides 100% of your Vitamin C per serving. All of their products are free of trans fats, GMOs, corn syrup, gluten, artificial colors and flavor.
Surf Sweets, in my opinion, are candies that a mom can feel good about (teeth brushing still required though)! 😉
Incoming search terms:
- lunchables snackers (2)
- Kelly candy organic gluten free candy (1)
- Organic gluten free candy products for christmas (1)
- organic natural candy reviews (1)