Another fast food restaurant has been bit the gluten-free bug!
Click here for a downloadable list of menu items from Burger King that are gluten-free.
While it is certainly exciting to know we have yet another option available to us, please consider a few tips to keep you as “safe” as possible, before going to Burger King (or any restaurant for that matter) because cross-contamination is always a possibility.
- Never go through the drive thru. Take the time to go inside the restaurant and ask to speak with a manager first.
- If possible, go at a time that is not during a meal time “rush.” If it is not busy, the better your chances of reducing the risk of cross-contamination.
- Kindly ask the manager to oversee your order, I have learned the hard way to never trust my health and welfare to a teenager (not that they do not care, it is just part of the nature of adolescence).
- Limit how often you go. The more you go, the higher the risk of getting “glutened.” The more frequently you get “glutened”, the more more harm you do to yourself in the long run. Make it a treat, it is healthier all around! Gluten-Free does not equal fat-free. This is a perfect example of how the gluten-free “diet” is not a weight loss plan!
Managing celiac disease is a matter of personal responsibility, so always remember to ask the next question…
Incoming search terms:
- burger king turkey burger gluten free (5)
- is burger king gravy gluten free (5)
- bk turkey burger gluten free (3)
- burger king gluten free roll (2)
- is the turkey burger from burger king gluten free (2)
- is the turkey burger at burger king gluten free (2)
- burger king gluten free menu items (2)
- Burger king adventures (2)
- gluten free burger king (1)
- Grain free at Burger King (1)