This is the coolest gluten free product, just because of the concept behind it! This is right up my alley, especially with the custom pizza labels I make for Sam’s pizza boxes or the GF Happy Meals. Packaging/presentation can make the difference between resistance, acceptance and fully embracing something new or different, especially for young children that have food allergies, intolerances, sensitivities…
I bought a package of Custom Choice Cereal because you get to customize it!
There are four simple steps:
- Select your base cereal. Choose from Cinnamon Granola, Corn Flakes or Good Morning Flakes.
- Add your favorite dried fruits if you want them. Choose from Apples, Apricots, Banana Chips, Blueberries, Cherries, Cranberries, Pears, Pineapple, Raisins, and/or Strawberries.
- Complete your mix with nuts and seeds, again, if you want them. Choose from Almonds, Coconut, Hazelnuts, Macadamia Nuts, Pecans, Pistachios, Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds and/or Walnuts.
- Name your mix at checkout.
How cool is that? Custom Choice Cereals are also mixed in a dedicated gluten free facility!
I have long been missing one of my favorite cereals from the gluten world, Raisin Bran. My favorite was Crispy Wheats and Raisins, which apparently is no longer in production. So, I took the opportunity to make my own GF version of “Raisin Bran” at Custom Choice Cereal. Even though the cereal flake is not wheat bran, that was never the reason I liked Raisin Bran to begin with…I liked the raisins, any cereal flake will do! So here is my “Custom Choice Cereal:”
A really neat aspect of building your own cereal is that there is a nutritional label off to the side and it updates with each add-in! Is your label showing that your cereal is little low on protein or fiber for you? Just go back and add it in before you checkout!
- I chose the Good Morning Flakes: Organic Corn Flakes enriched with Flax, Buckwheat, Quinoa, and Amaranth.
- Then I added Raisins.
- I omitted the Seeds and Nuts
- At checkout, I named my cereal “Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom.” (Maybe I should have thought of something else. My 6 year old seems to think I am “famous” because of this blog (so cute) and he likes to tell people this regardless of how often I try to correct him. And now he is telling people that I am soooooo famous that I even have a cereal named after my blog! LOL!)
A 12-oz. package of my Custom Choice Cereal cost $4.88 (not including shipping).
This would make a really cool gluten free gift too! I am going to order a couple more packages today. One each for Sam and Luke with their names on the package and put them in their stockings for Christmas. I am absolutely convinced that they will gobble up all of the nutritional goodness without a single picky fuss. All because of the packaging with their names on the cereal! How could they not love a cereal named after them??
Incoming search terms:
- gluten free raisin bran (395)
- is raisin bran gluten free (175)
- gluten free raisin bran cereal (145)
- raisin bran gluten free (106)
- does raisin bran have gluten (36)
- is post raisin bran gluten free (16)
- gluten free raisen bran (13)
- is raisin bran cereal gluten free (13)
- raisin bran gluten (10)
- does raisin bran contain gluten (7)