I got this recipe from someone very near and dear to my heart. An amazing woman who was like a second mom to me growing up during those crazy teenage years and on into college, when my own family moved to New Mexico and I stayed behind in Ohio to finish my degree at Ohio State. Julie always included me in family get togethers and holiday meals. During my recent visit to Ohio, I got to spend some time with Julie and she shared a few of her favorite family recipes with me, one being this Roasted Butternut Squash with Herbes de Provence.
I have to admit, I was a tad bit skeptical that it would go over very well with my boys, who are used to butternut squash with a sweeter preparation, like maple syrup, etc. We will try anything once though because I am trying to encourage them from a young age to be adventuresome and have a wide range of culinary tastes.
I should not have been skeptical. Without a doubt, this was the best way I have ever prepared butternut squash! It was phenomenal! My father-in-law was wowed by this recipe and the boys gobbled it up too! 🙂
Roasted Butternut Squash with Herbes de Provence
6 cups peeled and cubed Butternut Squash (about 2 1/2 lbs.)
1 – 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
1 1/2 tsp. Dried Herbes de Provence
3/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp. Fresh Ground Pepper
2 medium Onions, each cut into 8 wedges (which I forgot to add!)
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Place first 6 ingredients in a shallow roasting pan (or use a cookie sheet with sides a.k.a. jelly roll pan) coated with cooking spray. It is important not to crowd the pan because it will prevent proper browning. Use two pans if necessary. Toss well.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until tender and caramelized, stirring occasionally.
Incoming search terms:
- is herbes de provence gluten free (5)
- gluten free herbs de provence (3)
- roasted butternut squash (3)
- herb de provence gluten free recipes (2)
- gluten free dairy free recipe for cubed butternut squash (2)
- herbs de provence roasted squash (1)
- herbs provence butternut squash recipes (1)
- recipes using herb de provence (1)
- roasted butternut squash herb of provence (1)
- herbes de provence gluten free (1)