I found this nifty little product at my local Sunflower Market last week. Arrowhead Mills Pour’n Bake Pumpkin Pie Filling. It comes in an aseptic carton, just like chicken broth but it is about half the size! No aluminum can so hopefully no BPA! I used a Whole Foods GF Frozen Pie Crust for this taste test and review. I am a HORRIBLE homemade pie crust maker, but I am working on it because I would really like to quit paying $8 for 2 pie crusts!
This is a pretty good pumpkin pie filling. I think the overall body is lighter in texture than the homemade filling I make (I normally use the recipe on the label of Libby’s canned pumpkin). I also do not think it is as creamy and “custard-y” as homemade pumpkin pie filling. It is certainly fast and convenient though!
$2.39 + tax per box of pie filling ($4.78 + tax for two)
$4.00 + tax for one Whole Foods GF Pie Crust
$6.39 – $8.39 + tax for a GF pumpkin pie using the packaged GF pie filling and pre-made GF crust.
Not cheap being Gluten-Free… is it just me, or do you feel like we always draw the “short straw”?
Incoming search terms:
- arrowhead mills gluten free pie crust recipe (10)
- arrowhead mills pumpkin pie filling (7)
- arrowhead mills gluten free baking mix pie crust recipe (3)
- pumpkin pie mix in carton (3)
- arrowhead mills pumpkin pie filling recipes (3)
- arrowhead pour and bake pumpkin (2)
- arrowhead mills pourn bake pumpkin pie filling (2)
- arrowhead pumpkin pie mix (2)
- pourn mom (2)
- arrow head pumpkin mix (2)