A follow up from my post yesterday on Mac and Cheese. My mom made a couple of great casseroles that I loved as a kid, a Monte Cristo something or other (need to find the recipe now that I have exceptional substitutions) and the following, Macaroni Green Beans Supreme. I am not sure the source of the recipe as it is at least 25 – 30 years old but over the years, my mom added a couple of cool tweaks of her own…The original recipe is in black, my mom’s add-in’s are in green and my gluten free tweaks are in red.
Macaroni Green Beans Supreme
7 1/2 oz. pkg. Macaroni and Cheese (using my scale, I weighed out 7 1/2 oz. of Tinkyada Elbow Noodles)
1 1/2 oz. Cheddar Cheese Powder
4 Tbs. Margarine (I used Smart Balance in the Tub)
1/4 cup milk (I used Skim)
1 “can” Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
16 oz. can Cut Green Beans, drained
3 1/2 oz. can French Fried Onions (I measured out 3 1/2 oz. of the french fried onions I had made the day before for the Green Bean Casserole post)
5 Hot Dogs, sliced and sauteed in butter or butter substitute (I did this with Smart Balance)
1/2 cup Milk (I used skim)
- Cook macaroni as directed on package. Drain.
- In a bowl, add cooked macaroni, butter, cheddar cheese powder, and 1/4 cup milk. Mix well.
- Saute Hot Dogs in Butter
- Add soup and 1/2 cup milk, stir.
- Fold in green beans and sauteed hot dogs.
- Pour into a baking dish.
- Top with french fried onions.
- Cover and Bake at 350° for 30 minutes
I serve this casserole alongside a bowl of fresh seasonal fruit.
Incoming search terms:
- green bean supreme (2)
- exceptional gluten free casseroles (1)
- hot dogs and macaroni and cheese casserole (1)
- macaroni green bean casserole (1)