I am ALWAYS asked to bring Deviled Eggs to potlucks, they have become my “thing.” What I think sets this recipe for deviled eggs apart from many others, is the pickle juice. Trust me, these are addictive.
1 dozen Large Eggs, hard boiled (I throw in a few more for the inevitable egg that falls apart when peeling)
Vlasic Sweet Pickle Relish
Vlasic Sweet Pickle Gherkins (just the pickle juice)
- After you peel the hard boiled eggs, cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the yolks and put in a bowl. Set the hard boiled egg whites aside.
- Mash the yolks with a fork or potato masher.
- Add a heaping spoon of mayo and mix to combine.
- This is the “secret”: Add pickle juice until you reach the desired taste and consistency. Go slowly, tasting as you go. You don’t want the pickle juice to overpower the egg taste and you don’t want the filling to end up runny.
Add a dollop of sweet pickle relish and stir.
I throw my egg filling into a Ziploc bag, cut off a tip on one of the corners and pipe the filling into each egg white cavity. Sprinkle with Paprika for color and enjoy!
Incoming search terms:
- gluten free deviled eggs (62)
- dairy free deviled eggs (36)
- are deviled eggs gluten free (19)
- is vlasic sweet relish gluten free (11)
- gluten free dairy free deviled eggs (10)
- vlasic sweet relish gluten free (4)
- deviled egg dairy free recipe (3)
- deviled eggs pickle juice (3)
- deviled eggs gluten free (3)
- soy free dairy free deviled eggs (3)