Yummy. Just like the delicious store bought cookies I had as a kid, only the cookie part is a lot thicker.
I used a package of Pamela’s Products Simplebites Extreme Chocolate Mini Cookies for the chocolate wafers. On the back of the package, there is a recipe for the icing:
Pamela’s Simplebite Sandwich Cookie Filling:
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup Shortening (I used Crisco, but Spectrum would also work well)
2 cups Powdered Sugar (I used a bit more, until the icing became the more solid consistency of what I remember Oreo icing to be)
2 tsp. Water
- Mix together.
- Place dollops of icing between two layers of cookies and press together.
There you have it, Luke already knows the procedure, even though he has never had the “real” Oreo.
Incoming search terms:
- Oreo (6)
- adventures of a gluten free mom oreos (2)
- gluten free oreo cookie recipe (2)
- oreo pie gluten dairy free (2)
- Oreo icing (1)
- pamelas gluten free orios (1)
- pamelas oreo (1)
- Store bought Cookies Gluten free /Oreo (1)